Saturday, September 27, 2008

I must stop eating fresh


I think I need help.
I am addicted to foot-long Subway veggie delight sandwiches. Like, completely addicted.

Something about the way the fresh-baked Honey Oat bread smell wafts from the dutch oven when I walk by the place, it just beckons at me. Kind of like the way the fabric softener smell seeps from the outside vents of the laundromat, like tiny fingers gesturing, Come closer, Kristin. Come clean your underpants. It's nice in here. And I go, like a fresh-bread posessed zombie, plunk down my $5.42 and say, "Give me the works, Esteban."

This is day three and I don't see myself getting sick of it any time soon. I justify devouring it in under 15 minutes because, hey, where else in New York City are you going to get a fresh, healthy, filling vegetarian mean that bargain price?

Nowhere, that's where.

Oh, that bread is like crack. I just finished my sandwich and I am thinking of venturing out into the rain for another.

Please, god, make it stop...

4 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

The Subways in New York must be better in New York. Michigan's Subways aren't really good. Indeed, you could say that Michigan's Subways don't take you any where...

Oh, I crack myself up.

Krissyface said...

you funny, scoot.

happy birthday!

jeremy said...

actually, i've always found the subways in new york are worse in new york.

then again, i've never been in a subway in new york outside of new york, so who am i to say?

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

It was a play on words that made sense to my brain with a neurological condition, and I stand by it. I stand by it a whole football's worth.