Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dreaming of Me

Each night when I lay down
and commence to dream
I find that my sleep
has a recurring theme.

I generally find
I'm in one of three places
surrounded by strange, yet
familiar faces.

Sometimes I am lost
underground, in New York,
with someone I know...
for example, Bjork.

Or else I'm in high school
And I'm all late for class
but I can't find the right room
and I ain't got no pass.

But the weirdest of dreams
I must say, has to be
the dream where I'm desperately
needin' to pee

And I search for a bathroom
and then I come upon
a toilet so filthy
and foul, and so wrong

I must carefully step
'cuz I just have to go
(and I am always barefoot;
even grosser, I know),

and I sit on the toilet
but before I let fly
I wake myself up
only jesus knows why!

One day I'll learn what
a professional thinks
'cuz decoding these dreams
is a job for a shrink.

No comments: